Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Bedroom Celebration

Remember that article I shared with you in this post from www.LIVESTRONG.com about natural breast enhancement coming from push-ups?

If you recall, part of my goal to get fit has included working on my upper body strength until I could do 20 real push ups in a row (in other words, from my toes and not my knees). It took a long while but I have finally made it to 20 real push ups. I have also continued to do 20 additional push ups from my knees every day as described in the article purely in the hopes that I might help get my girls Moo and ChaCha in shape, too.

Well the jury is in, and last night I had the thrill of my life since I started this project (and I guess my hubby did, too). Let's just say, Aphrodite is alive and well in the Wallace bedroom again because I am feeling better about my body every day and my energy and libido are starting to catch on.

So last night I launched the attack myself when Anthony came to bed, and as we're getting frisky he says, like the randiest teenager, "Oh my God, baby, your breasts feel bigger!"

Now he knew NOTHING at all about this push-up thing. And honestly, I can't even be 100% sure that it IS the push-ups that has enhanced my chest. Part of it just may be simply that all the fat around my upper body (you know what I mean, that squishy flab all under your arms that hangs over the top of your bra like dough from a freshly opened can of biscuits?) is melting away...but my boobs - for once - are not disappearing with the rest.

I myself had noted this, and have recently stopped flinching when I caught my image in the mirror.

But whatever it may be, the smile on my face when I heard this was real enough and so were the happy little tears that broke out at the corner of my eyes. This may seem like such a small, silly thing to get emotional about, but this coming from him (along with other comments made throughout the night) mean everything to me.

It was too dark for Anthony to notice the smile or the tears; however, what he did notice was that his wife, for the first time in perhaps 3 years, had the confidence to request he allow her to be on top for a change.

Oh, boy! You could FEEL his smile in the dark!

Girls and boys, isn't this what getting fit and healthy is all about?

Quality of Life.

I don't mean just heaven-transporting sex. When we finally commit to loving ourselves enough to accept that what we choose to put in our mouths and how we choose to move our bodies is TOO DAMN IMPORTANT NOT TO THINK ABOUT AND PLAN FOR...we'll begin showing up again for our own life. You have to ask yourself...what have you been missing?

3 comments:

  1. Nice...meow..happy for you both! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I had a similar experience a while back, and when I wrote about it I called it Dancing Monkey. Because I went from just being a performer for my husband to being an active participant again. It's wonderful. good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad but true that our body image is linked to how we feel in bed. It shouldn't be, right? I mean, we're all sexual, whether we weight 100 lbs or 300. But I find that being fit for running, yoga, and weights also makes people more excited about being fit for...other forms of recreation.
    BODA lose weight

    ReplyDelete

Go on. Tell me how disgusting you think I am. Or how wonderful. I can take it.